I'm a 23-year-old Geomatics graduate based in Aberdeen, Scotland. I graduated from Glasgow University with a first class honours degree in Geography in 2011, then went on to pursue a Master's degree in Geospatial and Mapping Sciences (land, hydrographic and engineering surveying) at the same institution. I joined RESON in 2012 as Hydrographic Surveyor at the company's UK office.
Outside of work, my interests include oil painting, football, web design and video games. I manage content production at The GTA Network — a network of Grand Theft Auto-related fan websites and communities dedicated to the blockbuster series from Rockstar Games and Take 2 Interactive. The network receives over 1.5 million unique visitors per month.
June 2012 – Present | Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Responsible for managing the installation and commissioning of integrated multibeam survey systems, involving: sensor integration design, vessel installation management, dimensional control and calibrations, authoring and executing acceptance test protocols, training and customer support.
EducationUniversity of Glasgow
M.Sc. in Geospatial and Mapping Sciences
2011 – 2012
- A RICS and CICES accredited programme developed with extensive industry input.
- The hydrographic surveying module was delivered by RESON, which led to my eventual employment with the company.
- Gained practical experience using the latest GPS, total station and laser scanning technologies from Trimble and Leica.
- Dissertation titled: "Generation of 3D Object Models From Point Cloud Data." Constructed a 3D model of a survey vessel from laser scan data using Autodesk 3ds Max.
Modules Studied: Land Surveying; Hydrographic Surveying; Engineering Surveying; Topographic Mapping; Geodesy & GNSS; Mapping Landscape Change; Terrestrial Laser Scanning; Applications & Research in Hydrographic Surveying; Radar Interferometry & Precise Deformation Mapping.University of Glasgow
B.Sc. in Geography, First Class Honours
2007 – 2011
- Graduated with first class honours in Geography; minored in Mathematics and Statistics.
- Specialised in Cartography and Geographical Information Systems.
- Dissertation titled: "A Usability Evaluation of Scottish Census Maps." Performed user evaluation tests to assess the usability of on-line census maps, in anticipation of the 2011 Scottish census results. Recommendations were sent to the Scottish Government.
Use the form below to contact me.